List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:April 30 1999 12:44am
Subject:Re: $editor : not found, YET! :)
View as plain text
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Van wrote:

> Marco Lopez wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for taking time in to responding trivial things like this!. I
> > appreciate this cos' I've a client breathing on my neck :(
> >
> > The case thing was my fault, I did NOT made myself clear.
> > The variable is $ EDITOR.
> >
> > I tried your suggestion to change the value to /usr/bin/vi:
> > mysql just complained that
> > "/usr/bin/vi:not found"

I take it your needing to change your editor.

export VISUAL="vi"

export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/vi

I just caught part of this post, so if im out of bounds here
my apologies.

Thread
$editor : not foundMarco Lopez28 Apr
  • Re: $editor : not foundPaul DuBois28 Apr
    • Re: $editor : not foundThimble Smith28 Apr
      • $editor : not found, YET! :)Marco Lopez30 Apr
    • Re: $editor : not found, YET! :)Van30 Apr
      • Re: $editor : not found, YET! :)Darrell Shifflett30 Apr