List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:February 4 2000 3:37pm
Subject:mysql.sock
View as plain text
     Haven't looked if this has come up before, but it seems that the
rpm's of mysql are built with the unix socket pointed at
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.   This, of course, is a bad thing (though
easily worked around).   Whoever does the build scripts may wish to
repoint the socket to /tmp as per the documentation.

                                                    -- TWZ

| Copyright 1999 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|   If this were really my signature, you couldn't read it anyway.        |

mysql.sockTerrence W. Zellers4 Feb
  • mysql.sockMichael Widenius9 Feb
    • Re: mysql.sockMatthias Urlichs9 Feb
      • Re: mysql.sockTerrence W. Zellers9 Feb