List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vinny Stoessel Date:April 30 1999 12:07am
Subject:Re: As I wait to go home to fix my zombie server...
View as plain text
Hmm...
This seems right. What I forgot to tell the list is that at 8:30 am
today my machine had a hardware problem with ide0 controller.
When I did a "shutdown -r now" The Bios could not detect the my 2
hard drives on the IDE controller 1 but saw the drive on IDE
controller 2. A hard reboot detected all drives and I went on to
work without a care. How did you determine it was a hard drive problem?
You're saying the drive that has the swap might be the culprit?
Thanks for your help.
Vinny@Home