List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 4 2000 7:24am
Subject:Re: Q: Get local time of server?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 04), R.Ortloff@stripped said:
> I've got several clients connected to one MySql Daemon.  The clients
> should run on several machines, however it is important to have on
> all client machines the same time in terms of milliseconds.

What you really want is to run ntpd on all your machines, and they'll
stay within a few ms of each other easily, even across the Internet.
Most unixes come with xntpd already installed; see the manpage or
http://www.ntp.org for more info.  Don't make a database server do time
synchronization :)

--
	Dan Nelson