List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 3 2000 5:04pm
Subject:Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?
View as plain text
At 7:25 AM -0800 02-03-2000, sasha@stripped wrote:
><cut>
>
>>  >
>>  >This is a bug in the command line client -- the same is true for
>>  >"help" -- we'll
>>  >fix it when we get around to it -- mysqld obviously has much
>>higher priority.
>>
>>  I guess I can see your point, but the proper functioning of
>>existing databases
>>  seems to me a higher priority than the addition of a nonessential feature
>>  that breaks those databases.
>
>addition of "source" really did not break anything fundamentatlly -- it just
>helped you the bug in the command line client that has under certain
>conditions
>would treat parts of an SQL statement as its own commands -- when the command
>set was extented to include source, it broke your code because you were using
>"source" as the column name and your spacing / line breaks just happened to be
>what it takes to expose this bug. It was probably never noticed by anybody in
>the older versions because the internal command set is not very big, and you
>have to break the lines so as to leave the internal command alone on a line in
>order to run into it, the probability of which is not very high.

The file that I am running into mysql and that results in this error is
the output of mysqldump, a standard utility.  I did nothing to induce this
error.  The change to mysql make it less interoperable with mysqldump.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
  • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?sasha3 Feb
    • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?Paul DuBois3 Feb
  • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?Faisal Nasim3 Feb