List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 3 2000 4:07pm
Subject:Re: create table header format
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 03), Faisal Nasim said:
> : is there a possibility to make mysql format column header? What I
> : would like to do, is to insert 3 words by : column header, and
> : these 3 words should stand one und the other (...bad English...).
> : Example:
> :
> : Not:
> :
> : Word1 Word2 Word 3
> :
> : But:
> :
> : Word1
> : Word2
> : Word3
>
> select "my line" as "word1\nword2\nword3";

That doesn't look right though:

mysql> select id as "user\nid", ts as "time\nstamp" from nicks limit 1;
select id as "user\nid", ts as "time\nstamp" from nicks limit 1;
+---------+----------------+
| user
id | time
stamp     |
+---------+----------------+
|       1 | 20000104223735 |
+---------+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Oracle lets you put line breaks in field names, and it would look like
this: (If Oracle could do mysql table outut, which it can't :)

+---------+----------------+
| user    | time           |
| id      | stamp          |
|       1 | 20000104223735 |

I don't think mysql's client can do this.  If you are exporting the
data to a web page using HTML tables, though, it should look okay,

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped