List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 2 2000 9:55pm
Subject:Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?
View as plain text
At 12:00 PM -0800 02-02-2000, sasha@stripped wrote:
>Paul DuBois wrote:
>>
>>  I take it that the addition of the "source" command in 3.23.9 makes
>>  "source" a reserved word?
>>
>>  I noticed this when an attempt to dump a 3.22 database into a 3.23 database
>>  dies on my three tables that have a column named "source".
>>  (As in "source and destination", "source of data", etc.)
>>
>>  --
>>  Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
>>

>Paul:
>
>Could you post a full example.
>
>SOURCE is a new command in the command line client that will execute the
>commands in the given file. I've just tried create table source(n
>int) on 3.23.9
>-- worked fine.
>
>--
>Sasha Pachev

Sure.  The effect is sensitive to how you write your statement.  This one
fails:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS t;
CREATE TABLE t (
	source int
);

So will yours if you write it like this:

create table
source
(n int);

Seems to bomb out when source is the first word on the line -- sometimes!
If you write your statement like this, it works:

create table
source (n int);

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
  • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?sasha3 Feb
    • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?Paul DuBois3 Feb
  • Re: "SOURCE" now a reserved word?Faisal Nasim3 Feb