List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bengt Hahn Date:April 29 1999 3:09pm
Subject:Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHP
View as plain text
That is more intuitive for non programmers, which probably
covers 99.8 percent of the homepage builders.

One question, can you nest these query outputs like this in
webmerger.
<wmodbc name=customers datasource=MYDSN
query="select * from CUSTS">
<wmoutput name=customers>
#CUSTNAME#
	<wmodbc name=nestord datasource=MYDSN
	query="select * from ORDERS where CUST_ID = #ID#">
	<wmoutput name=nestord>
	#ORDER_NR#
		<wmodbc name=nestarts datasource=MYDSN
		query="select * from ARTICLES where ART_ID = #OART_ID#">
		<wmoutput name=nestarts>
		#ART_ID# #ARTICLE#
		</wmoutput>
	</wmoutput>
</wmoutput>
The tabs is just for visualibility.

This nesting is limited to 500 levels just for avoiding
endless loops due to coding errors.

Check out:
http://www.webmerger.com
For Linux and Win32

//B Hahn

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Graeme B. Davis wrote:

> With Roxen, it's more of a html-ish type syntax....
>
> example.
>
> <sqloutput quote="#" query="SELECT name, address FROM people">
> Name is #name#.
> Address is #address#.
> </sqloutput>
>
> Contents are repeated for every matched row -- quite simple... you don't
> have to set up some connection and destroy it like ASP and PHP...
>
> I prefer this syntax to PHP3/ASP.
>
> Home Site: http://www.roxen.com
>
> A synopsis: http://www.builder.com/Servers/RW/031199/?tag=st.cn.sr1.dir.
>
> even RealNetworks uses Roxen.. sure it's not as popular as Apache, but it
> kicks Apache ass =)
>
> Graeme
>

> >At 09:59 1999-04-29 -0400, Graeme B. Davis wrote:
> >>Roxen....
> >
> >Haven't tried yet (though I should as it's made only 120 km from me in
> Sweden)
> >
> >>PHP syntax is icky and CGI is a pain and not easily maintainable...
> >
> >PHP syntax is very C-ish but less strict typing. I like it.
> >
> >The main difference to C is that it is an embedded script language that
> >enable the HTML designers to use their standard HTML tools to create the
> >HTML parts of the site and then for You to embed the dynamic functionality
> >using script.
> >
> >Much more maintainable than C and perl CGI solutions.
> >
> >Regards,
> >  Erik L.
> >
> >---
> >Erik Liljencrantz, E-ell-Data, http://www.eldata.se
> >erik@stripped, +46 150 250 58, +46 70 51 8 51 26
> >Aspenaes, 640 25 JULITA, SWEDEN

Need an opinion - C vs PHPas2k.com29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPpete collins29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Lovely29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Cease29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMartin B. Jespersen29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPkalle volkov29 Apr
      • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard McLean30 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPErik Liljencrantz29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPUnknown Sender29 Apr
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPTapan Raj29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEd Carp29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEduardo Arino de la Rubia29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPjohan.engstrom30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPJay Flaherty30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRobin Bowes30 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPBengt Hahn29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • opinion C vs PHP and othersBengt Hahn1 May
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard Rossi30 Apr