List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graeme B. Davis Date:April 29 1999 3:29pm
Subject:Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHP
View as plain text
With Roxen, it's more of a html-ish type syntax....

example.

<sqloutput quote="#" query="SELECT name, address FROM people">
Name is #name#.
Address is #address#.
</sqloutput>

Contents are repeated for every matched row -- quite simple... you don't
have to set up some connection and destroy it like ASP and PHP...

I prefer this syntax to PHP3/ASP.

Home Site: http://www.roxen.com

A synopsis: http://www.builder.com/Servers/RW/031199/?tag=st.cn.sr1.dir.

even RealNetworks uses Roxen.. sure it's not as popular as Apache, but it
kicks Apache ass =)

Graeme

>At 09:59 1999-04-29 -0400, Graeme B. Davis wrote:
>>Roxen....
>
>Haven't tried yet (though I should as it's made only 120 km from me in
Sweden)

>>PHP syntax is icky and CGI is a pain and not easily maintainable...
>
>PHP syntax is very C-ish but less strict typing. I like it.
>
>The main difference to C is that it is an embedded script language that
>enable the HTML designers to use their standard HTML tools to create the
>HTML parts of the site and then for You to embed the dynamic functionality
>using script.
>
>Much more maintainable than C and perl CGI solutions.
>
>Regards,
>  Erik L.
>
>---
>Erik Liljencrantz, E-ell-Data, http://www.eldata.se
>erik@stripped, +46 150 250 58, +46 70 51 8 51 26
>Aspenaes, 640 25 JULITA, SWEDEN

Need an opinion - C vs PHPas2k.com29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPpete collins29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Lovely29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Cease29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMartin B. Jespersen29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPkalle volkov29 Apr
      • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard McLean30 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPErik Liljencrantz29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPUnknown Sender29 Apr
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPTapan Raj29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEd Carp29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEduardo Arino de la Rubia29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPjohan.engstrom30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPJay Flaherty30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRobin Bowes30 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPBengt Hahn29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • opinion C vs PHP and othersBengt Hahn1 May
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard Rossi30 Apr