List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHP
View as plain text
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Erik Liljencrantz wrote:

> At 09:59 1999-04-29 -0400, Graeme B. Davis wrote:
> >Roxen....
>
> Haven't tried yet (though I should as it's made only 120 km from me in Sweden)
>
> >PHP syntax is icky and CGI is a pain and not easily maintainable...
>
> PHP syntax is very C-ish but less strict typing. I like it.
>
> The main difference to C is that it is an embedded script language that
> enable the HTML designers to use their standard HTML tools to create the
> HTML parts of the site and then for You to embed the dynamic functionality
> using script.
>
> Much more maintainable than C and perl CGI solutions.

Take a look at Embperl. It has many of the attributes of PHP along with
the ability to use all of the modules that exist for Perl. With Embperl
included as a module in Apache the Perl code only is parsed the first time
it is used and can be keept as part of the httpd server. I know of people
who have moved from PHP to Embperl and seen a dramatic increse in
performance.

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974
alvin@stripped              ||

Thread
Need an opinion - C vs PHPas2k.com29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPpete collins29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Lovely29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Cease29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMartin B. Jespersen29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPkalle volkov29 Apr
      • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard McLean30 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPErik Liljencrantz29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPUnknown Sender29 Apr
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPTapan Raj29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEd Carp29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEduardo Arino de la Rubia29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPjohan.engstrom30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPJay Flaherty30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRobin Bowes30 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPBengt Hahn29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • opinion C vs PHP and othersBengt Hahn1 May
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard Rossi30 Apr