List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tin Le Date:February 2 2000 1:42am
Subject:Re: Problems with MySQL "timing out" and not accepting connections
View as plain text
You are running out of file descriptors.  You need to reconfigure your
kernel.  If you are running Linux 2.2.x, it's very easy.  Just do something
like this:

$ echo 8192 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
$ echo 32768 > /proc/sys/fs/inode-max

If you are using an earlier Linux, i.e. 2.0.x.  Then you will have to
rebuild your kernel with higher number.  Edit linux/fs.h and change the
appropriate values.

You need to find out how many fd you need.  The above numbers are what I
use, but you may need higher (or lower).  Make sure you increase the max
inodes appropriately, recommended number is 4 times max filedescriptors.

Tin Le

----
Net Images - Premier Web Presence Provider   http://www.netimages.com/~tin
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin@stripped