List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wayne Lovely Date:April 29 1999 2:16pm
Subject:Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHP
View as plain text

I really like PHP too, and if you find that PHP can't do something and
your platform supports shared libraries, just extend PHP with some C.

Wayne

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, pete collins wrote:

> i use PHP and rely ont it for all the database work i do as well as most non
> database work
> and run as an apache module it is really fast
>
> as far as being "icky"
>
> i disagree
> it is the most commonsense based language i've used to date
>
> :-)
>

> pete
>
> "as2k.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I need an opinion of which is the better way to go.  Should I create my
> > mySQL enabled web application using CGI's written in C or using PHP?
> >
> > I'm looking for information on execution speed, ease of maintainability as
> > well as portability.
> >
> > Just a note - the site is currently written using C CGI's so I'm looking
> > to see if there would be a speed/maintainability benefit to PHP.
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Mark Turner
> > Aero Shopper 2000
> > http://www.as2k.com

Need an opinion - C vs PHPas2k.com29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPpete collins29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Lovely29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Cease29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMartin B. Jespersen29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPkalle volkov29 Apr
      • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard McLean30 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPErik Liljencrantz29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPUnknown Sender29 Apr
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPTapan Raj29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEd Carp29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEduardo Arino de la Rubia29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPjohan.engstrom30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPJay Flaherty30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRobin Bowes30 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPBengt Hahn29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • opinion C vs PHP and othersBengt Hahn1 May
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard Rossi30 Apr