List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graeme B. Davis Date:March 15 1999 2:40pm
Subject:Using avg, min, max functions on a non-numeric field.
View as plain text
I have a database such as:

user (char)
category (char)
modified (datetime)

I want to get the average number of entries per day (possibly broken down by
category, but not necessary) -- how would I do this?

I want this to be done with all users in the db such as

user      average entries
min, max
johndoe
43          8,93

Any suggestions?

Graeme "SQL bum" D. :)

Thread
Using avg, min, max functions on a non-numeric field.Graeme B. Davis15 Mar
Re: Using avg, min, max functions on a non-numeric field.Graeme B. Davis16 Mar
  • Re: Using avg, min, max functions on a non-numeric field.Colin McKinnon17 Mar
Re: Using avg, min, max functions on a non-numeric field.Graeme B. Davis17 Mar