List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:pete collins Date:April 29 1999 2:15pm
Subject:Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHP
View as plain text
i use PHP and rely ont it for all the database work i do as well as most non
database work
and run as an apache module it is really fast

as far as being "icky"

i disagree
it is the most commonsense based language i've used to date

:-)

pete

"as2k.com" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I need an opinion of which is the better way to go.  Should I create my
> mySQL enabled web application using CGI's written in C or using PHP?
>
> I'm looking for information on execution speed, ease of maintainability as
> well as portability.
>
> Just a note - the site is currently written using C CGI's so I'm looking
> to see if there would be a speed/maintainability benefit to PHP.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Mark Turner
> Aero Shopper 2000
> http://www.as2k.com

Need an opinion - C vs PHPas2k.com29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPpete collins29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Lovely29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPWayne Cease29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMartin B. Jespersen29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPkalle volkov29 Apr
      • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard McLean30 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPErik Liljencrantz29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPUnknown Sender29 Apr
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPTapan Raj29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPMichael Farr29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEd Carp29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPEduardo Arino de la Rubia29 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPjohan.engstrom30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPJay Flaherty30 Apr
    • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRobin Bowes30 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPBengt Hahn29 Apr
Re: Need an opinion - C vs PHPGraeme B. Davis29 Apr
  • opinion C vs PHP and othersBengt Hahn1 May
RE: Need an opinion - C vs PHPRichard Rossi30 Apr