List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:April 29 1999 1:04pm
Subject:Re: Problem
View as plain text
Mike,
This didn't go to the group, just me, so, I thought, I'd let you know.
However, I think you'll benefit from 3.22.21 (which I'm using).
Provides some more
features in user administration and security.  Grant command is really
nice.
Also, you might want to look at xmysqladmin.  Nice x-windows interface.
Or, a web interface php-MySQLAdmin (you can find this at tcx.se.
Regards,
Van
Mike Hallock [Pestilence] wrote:

> Ok, question though.... this happened when I tried top add a user. I followed the
> instructions exactly, and after I executed the mysqladmin command, I got an error and
> this
> happened...... I wish I had saved the error message.....
>
> ANYWAY (And I'm not running the latest version here, think I'm still at 3.20 or
> somethin
> like that) what is the propper procedure for adding a user and then giving him the
> permissions in db for HIS database only, etc.? I did
>
> insert into user (host,user,password) values ('%','mikeh',password('password'));
> quit
> mysqladmin reload
>
> And then this happened, so I didnt even get the chance to try my hand at the db
> table...... Is this right, and somethings wrong on my end or something? Or do they
> have a
> utility included that you can use to add users? If you can use one for that, then I
> couldnt find it in the documentation.....
>
> --
>    +===================================================+
>    |                     ,-.  ,-.-  ,-.  -.-.-         |
>    |    ***,             |  ) |    (   `   |           |
>    |   , , #             |-'  |-'   `-.    |           |
>    |   |/  ?             |    |    .   )   |           |
>    |   /__/\ \____   Mike Hallock (Pestilence)         |
>    |   /   \_/    \  mailto:pestilence@stripped  |
>    |  / <_ ____,_  \ http://www.linuxquake.com         |
>                \/|