List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 29 1999 9:51am
Subject:Seg. fault/Server has gone away
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sigmund" == Sigmund Straumsnes <sigmunds@stripped>
> writes:

Sigmund> MySQL version 3.22.15-gamma.
Sigmund> I'm an inexperienced user. I've had MySQL running for several
Sigmund> months without any problems.

Sigmund> Suddenly I'm starting to get Segmentation faults.
Sigmund> in the log file, this reports as:
Sigmund> "mysqld restarted on <date>
Sigmund> (...) ready for connections".
Sigmund> In the monitor I get:
Sigmund> "ERROR 2013: Lost connection (...)" or
Sigmund> "ERROR     : Server has gone away".
Sigmund> The "segmentation fault" is output on console of the user who
Sigmund> executed bin/safe_mysqld.
Sigmund> Safe_mysqld still runs though, and the daemon immediately
Sigmund> restarts.
Sigmund> This happens independent on whether the connection to the
Sigmund> database is through socket or TCP/IP.

Sigmund> This happens on several occasions:
Sigmund> - if a user states a query incorrectly, eg
Sigmund> "use dbatase" instead of
Sigmund> "use database"
Sigmund> - if a user tries to access a database without rights, eg
Sigmund> "use mysql"
Sigmund> - if root user does
Sigmund> "flush privileges"
Sigmund> - because of incorrect php-web-scripts (this even caused the
Sigmund> http daemon to die)
Sigmund> However, this does not always happen. Often, these queries are
Sigmund> performed or get their correct error messages.
Sigmund> Furthermore:
Sigmund> Queries on databases that a user has rights on, correctly
Sigmund> stated, are performed without problems.

Sigmund> Thank you very much for your time
Sigmund> Sigmund

Hi!

The problem with 'use database' is fixed in newer MySQL version!

I would suggets you to check your tables with isamchk and upgrade to
3.22.21 (or 3.22.22 very soon).   If this doesn't help, please read

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

section: What to do if MySQL keeps crashing

Yours,
Monty
Thread
Seg. fault/Server has gone awaySigmund Straumsnes29 Apr
  • Seg. fault/Server has gone awayMichael Widenius29 Apr