List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:January 31 2000 8:32am
Subject:Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?
View as plain text
At 11:36 30/01/00 -0800, Tao Liang wrote:
>Does anyone know how best to store an array in a table cell?
>
>Currently I am using "arg1|arg2|arg3".  With this I have to parse the string
>and make sure that it doesn't contain "|" before storing.  And, on retrieval
>I have to read the string and convert it back to an array.
>
>Tao

Normalise it!

array	index	value
-----	-----	-----
myset	1	20
myset	2	17
myset	3	13
myset	4	28

Is there a reason why you don't? I'm still learning PHP but I think you can
walk thru and array or a hash with each().

Colin

Thread
what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Tao Liang30 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Colin McKinnon31 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Matthias Urlichs31 Jan
      • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Horacio J. Peña31 Jan
        • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Matthias Urlichs31 Jan
  • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?abush31 Jan
    • Re: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Matthias Urlichs31 Jan
    • RE: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Andy Frankford31 Jan
      • RE: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?John Zook31 Jan
        • RE: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?Andy Frankford31 Jan
          • RE: what is the best way to store a PHP array in a table cell?jcole31 Jan