List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 29 1999 9:19am
Subject:<mysql start doesn't work>
View as plain text
>>>>> "root" == root  <root@stripped> writes:

root> I was using a compiled version, but decided to switch to RPM version.
root> I deleted all traces of mySQL by hand except the /usr/local/var/ databases
root> made a link for /var/lib/mysql to it
root> installed the RPMs and now mySQL server won't start up!
root> + /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start
root> + sleep 2
root> Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
root> mysqld daemon ended
>> How-To-Repeat:
root> /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start

Hi!

Please check the file:

/var/lib/mysql/'hostname'.err

This should contain an error message why mysqld doesn't start!

Try killing all 'mysqld' deamons with 'mysql_zap mysqld'  and try
again!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
<mysql start doesn't work>root29 Apr
  • <mysql start doesn't work>Michael Widenius29 Apr