MySQL version 3.22.15-gamma.
I'm an inexperienced user. I've had MySQL running for several
months without any problems.
Suddenly I'm starting to get Segmentation faults.
in the log file, this reports as:
"mysqld restarted on <date>
(...) ready for connections".
In the monitor I get:
"ERROR 2013: Lost connection (...)" or
"ERROR : Server has gone away".
The "segmentation fault" is output on console of the user who
Safe_mysqld still runs though, and the daemon immediately
This happens independent on whether the connection to the
database is through socket or TCP/IP.
This happens on several occasions:
- if a user states a query incorrectly, eg
"use dbatase" instead of
- if a user tries to access a database without rights, eg
- if root user does
- because of incorrect php-web-scripts (this even caused the
http daemon to die)
However, this does not always happen. Often, these queries are
performed or get their correct error messages.
Queries on databases that a user has rights on, correctly
stated, are performed without problems.
Thank you very much for your time
* Sigmund Straumsnes, Senior Engineer
* Faculty of Engineering
* Oslo College, Norway - http://www.iu.hioslo.no/
* tel: +(47) 22 45 32 63