List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:April 29 1999 6:58am
Subject:Re: Starting Mysql Server
View as plain text
"Sandrine C." wrote:

> >You're going to have to find out where mysql_install_db was installed
> >and run it before you can run safe_mysqld.  Isn't it in the same
> >directory as safe_mysqld?
> >

> I did a whole find from the root directory, mysql_install_db doesnt
> exist :((

That file doesn't exist for me either, nor does mySQL start after I wiped the
source version I was compiling myself and decided to switch to RPMs. Now I can't
get the database to start! What's up with that?

Thread
Starting Mysql, ServerSandrine C.27 Apr
Re: Starting Mysql, ServerSandrine C.27 Apr
Re: Starting Mysql, ServerSandrine C.28 Apr
  • Re: Starting Mysql ServerDaevid Vincent29 Apr
  • Re: Starting Mysql Server AbortsDaevid Vincent29 Apr