List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 29 2000 11:19pm
Subject:A Question on MyISAM/SQL Command Executor
View as plain text
>>>>> "Coby" == Coby Hochstein <cobyh@stripped> writes:

Coby> I have a rather Technical question on MySQL (MYISAM)

Coby> I beleive when you create a table, the format of the record is stored in
Coby> an output file (.frm) for reporting, But I think the SQL Command Executor and
Coby> MyISAM use some other internal method of defining the record definition. IF
Coby> you know what I am refering to, can you please point me to some information.

Hi!

Yes;  The row format is stored in the .frm file.  In the MyISAM .MYI
file is duplicated just enough information about the different columns
that are needed to enable MyISAM to pack dynamic length rows and
store/retrieve index information about the rows.

Why do you need to know this?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
A Question on MyISAM/SQL Command ExecutorCoby Hochstein28 Jan
  • A Question on MyISAM/SQL Command ExecutorMichael Widenius30 Jan
  • Re: A Question on MyISAM/SQL Command ExecutorBenjamin Pflugmann30 Jan
    • Re: A Question on MyISAM/SQL Command ExecutorBenjamin Pflugmann30 Jan