List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 29 2000 11:16pm
Subject:MySQL compile fails on Solaris
View as plain text
>>>>> "marek" == marek  <marek@stripped> writes:

marek> Hi!
marek> I have written about this several times , still seems no progress..

marek> Description:
marek>   Well, the problem itself is simple and solution is also simple:
marek>    problem)  call gethostname is deprecated under solaris, it still
marek>              exists in manpages but is no longer included in libraries.
marek> How-To-Repeat:
marek> 	compile any vanilla mysql from source under solaris.
marek> Fix:
marek>  solution) patch the MYSQL_DIR/sql/mysqld.cc file with following lines

marek>         #ifdef __sun__
marek>         #include <sys/systeminfo.h>
marek>         #define gethostname(x,y) sysinfo(SI_HOSTNAME,x,y)
marek>         #endif

marek>           And it will start working again as it is supposed.

Just one question:

I couldn't find anything in my Solaris 2.7 manual about gethostname()
being deprecated.

Anyway, the current MySQL 3.22.30 compiled cleanly on our Solaris
2.5.1, 2.6 and 2.7 machines.

configure should define the -DSOLARIS flag in configure which should
have fixed this problem.  Can you check why the following configure
test didn't work on your machine:

  *solaris2.5.1*)
    echo "Enabling getpass() workaround for Solaris 2.5.1"
    CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DHAVE_BROKEN_GETPASS -DSOLARIS -DHAVE_RWLOCK_T";
    CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -DHAVE_RWLOCK_T"

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL compile fails on Solarismarek28 Jan
  • MySQL compile fails on SolarisMichael Widenius30 Jan
    • Re: MySQL compile fails on SolarisPaul DuBois30 Jan
Re: MySQL compile fails on SolarisChristopher R. Jones30 Jan
  • Other MySQL Problems Compiling on SolarisJim Boelter30 Jan
    • Re: Other MySQL Problems Compiling on Solarissinisa31 Jan
    • Re: Other MySQL Problems Compiling on Solarissasha31 Jan
    • Re: Other MySQL Problems Compiling on SolarisJim Boelter1 Feb