List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limit
View as plain text

beckerr@stripped wrote:

> Two things you can do;
>
> 1).  Echo 4096 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
>
> this will change the number of files, on the fly, for the linux kernel.
> Put it into a startup script, so it gets run every time.

Yes, but this will only change the total max number of filehandels for the
kernel.
I also need to increase the max number of filehandels/process.

> 2).  Run one of the "AC" series of 2.2 kernels- they all contain an
> expanded number of filehandles, as opposed to the linus series of kernels.

I have never heard of Linux "AC" series. Do you know where I can get it ?

--leif
Leif Thuresson               Tel:    +46-18-4713860
Uppsala University           Fax:    +46-18-4713833
The Svedberg Laboratory      E-mail: leif.thuresson@stripped
P.O.Box 533
S-751 21 Uppsala
Sweden

Thread
MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender28 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitbeckerr28 Apr
  • MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitMichael Widenius29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr