List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 29 2000 8:09pm
Subject:Re: select count(*) as how_many from my_table
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 29), Fernando Rodr?guez said:
> Hi!
>
> This works in Oracle, but MySQL won't let me change the label of the
> report (from count(*) to how_many).  Is there a way to do it? O:-)

 mysql> select count(*) as how_many from lines_words;
 +----------+
 | how_many |
 | 14716936 |
 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Works for me, on 3.21.26, and 3.23.8.  What error message are you
getting, and what version of mysql are you running?  (hint: submit your
problem via mysqlbug and we wouldn't have to ask this :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped