List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:April 29 1999 4:52am
Subject:Re: Problem
View as plain text
Mike Hallock [Pestilence] wrote:

> Well, we've been running MySQL pretty well so far, but we decided to try and add
> some
> users today, and when we ran 'mysqladmin reload' it ended in an error (No longer have
> the
> error) and everything went to hell:
>
> Now when we try to start a MySQL process it claims that there are already 2
> processes
> running, while there arent, and running mysqld directly results in a segfault. Any
> ideas
> what might be going on here, or what might have changed that we can change back (We
> did
> restore the actual mysql databases)
>
> --
>    +===================================================+
>    |                     ,-.  ,-.-  ,-.  -.-.-         |
>    |    ***,             |  ) |    (   `   |           |
>    |   , , #             |-'  |-'   `-.    |           |
>    |   |/  ?             |    |    .   )   |           |
>    |   | ~ )\            '    '--   `-'    '           |
>    |   /__/\ \____   Mike Hallock (Pestilence)         |
>    |   /   \_/    \  mailto:pestilence@stripped  |
>    |  / <_ ____,_  \ http://www.linuxquake.com         |
>    +-/___/_____  \-------------------------------------+
>                \/|

Mike,
More details would be helpful (what OS, etc.).
Try ps aux (-ax) | grep sql
Find the pids, and, kill 'em
Then, try to start it up again.
If that fails, you need to provide more details.
In a pinch, (tho' UNIX doesn't need to), reboot.  I really hate to say
that.  But, you might also look at permissions.  Not the new users....
The permissions of your mysql.  Did you create a mysql user, and chown
its rc scripts and directories?  This is what I mean by more details
would be helpful.
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
ProblemMike Hallock [Pestilence]29 Apr