List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 29 2000 5:20pm
Subject:RE: Adding elements to a enum field
View as plain text
At 5:52 PM +0100 2000-01-29, Fernando RodrÌguez wrote:
> [...]

Sinisa's answer is exactly correct.  You want to use ALTER TABLE to
change the definition of the column in question.

ALTER TABLE tbl_name
CHANGE col_name col_name ENUM('home', 'work', 'beeper',
'private-jet', 'island')

Note that you repeat col_name.  If your version of MySQL supports MODIFY
and you're not renaming the column, you can use:

ALTER TABLE tbl_name
MODIFY col_name ENUM('home', 'work', 'beeper', 'private-jet', 'island')

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread