List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 29 2000 5:06pm
Subject:Re: Insert contents into DB
View as plain text
At 10:35 PM -0800 2000-01-28, Kole Dunn wrote:
>Hi all,
>Perhaps this question is better suited to a Perl list or DBI list,
>although they may say it is suited to the MySQL list. Anyway, here
>goes...
>
>I have a form (HTML), from which I need to insert the values of
>individual checkboxes to individual rows in MySQL. I have a long
>drawn out way in Perl/DBI to perform this, however there must be a
>better, short script that is better than my kludge (graphic designer
>attempting programming). Anyone have a script that does this, or
>know where one exists?

I don't know if you want to consider another language, but if you use
PHP, you can assocate checkboxes with names like "row[0]", "row[1]", etc.,
and then refer to those variables in your PHP form-handling script with
variable references like $row[0], $row[1], etc.  Avoids having to come
up with a zillion different variable names.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread