List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 28 2000 8:42pm
Subject:Re: MySQL (New Riders, Paul DuBois)
View as plain text
>Paul,
>
>What editor did you use to write your new riders book..
>
>Silly question, but longstanding debate here at the office..

I wrote it in troff!

I used groff to format the stuff to PostScript for my own editing,
but when I submitted the chapters to New Riders and the reviewers,
I used my troffcvt program to produce RTF, HTML, and plain text.
I used Distiller to take groff PostScript output to produce PDF.
(Different reviewers preferred different formats.)

The New Riders production staff wanted it in, Word.  Once the
chapters went into production, everything was done in Word.
That would not have been my first choice.  :-)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread