List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Culp Date:April 28 1999 7:25pm
Subject:Crash-Me Question
View as plain text
I am a little confused by your Crash-Me comparisons.  First of all,  You say that you are
comparing default configurations.  I find it a little hard to believe that UDB5 and
Oracle default to about 100 maximum simultaneous connections.  I use UDB5 in a production
environment with hundreds of users connected simultaneously and we havent hit the wall
yet.  And we are only using the UDB5 workgroup edition not the Enterprise edition.  Are
you comparing "personal edition" numbers here or what?  Also, what version of Oracle only
supports 92 concurrent connections?  Do you expect me to believe that the most scalable
database product in the world (which I believe Oracle is) defaults to that?  I am
interested in your product but I find the Crash-Me test a little unbelievable.  Also,
could you specify the crash test circumstances that make a database "Crash-Me" safe?  You
seem to be suggesting that MySql is crash proof.  The products you list as not safe are
all NT platform installations.  Are you trying to say something about NT or the database
servers themselves?  Would the Unix versions of these products pass your test?  Why did
you single out NT when all of these products except for Access run on many flavors of
Unix as well?  Bill Culp

Thread
Crash-Me QuestionBill Culp29 Apr
  • Re: Crash-Me QuestionAsianAvenue.com29 Apr
    • Re: Crash-Me QuestionMichael Widenius29 Apr
  • Re: Crash-Me QuestionLuuk de Boer29 Apr