List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 28 1999 10:13pm
Subject:MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limit
View as plain text
>>>>> "Leif" == Leif Thuresson <leif.thuresson@stripped> writes:

Leif> I apologise of this is a little bit off topic, but since I have found
Leif> that the people on this list
Leif> seam to have a very good general knowledge of computer systems I could
Leif> not resist
Leif> throwing in my question here. I want to increase the MySQL table cash to
Leif> hold some
Leif> 600 tables in the cash. If I read the documentation right I would then
Leif> need to have
Leif> 3x600=1800 open files. Have anyone tried to increase the max number of
Leif> open files
Leif> per process in a Linux 2.2 kernel ? I haven't figured out which constant
Leif> to change.
Leif> The include files of a 2.2.6 kernel have the following constants
Leif> defined:

<cut>

To hold 600 tables, you will only need about 600*x+5 file descriptors.

Here x is between 1 and 2, depending on how many 'unique' tables you
are using;  If you open one table 600 times, x is 1;  If you open 600
different tables, x is 2.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender28 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitbeckerr28 Apr
  • MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitMichael Widenius29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr