List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:beckerr Date:April 28 1999 6:53pm
Subject:Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limit
View as plain text
On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 06:38:15PM +0200, Leif Thuresson wrote:
> I apologise of this is a little bit off topic, but since I have found
> that the people on this list
> seam to have a very good general knowledge of computer systems I could
> not resist
> throwing in my question here. I want to increase the MySQL table cash to
> hold some
> 600 tables in the cash. If I read the documentation right I would then
> need to have
> 3x600=1800 open files. Have anyone tried to increase the max number of
> open files
> per process in a Linux 2.2 kernel ? I haven't figured out which constant
> to change.
> The include files of a 2.2.6 kernel have the following constants
> defined:

Two things you can do;

1).  Echo 4096 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max

this will change the number of files, on the fly, for the linux kernel.
Put it into a startup script, so it gets run every time.

2).  Run one of the "AC" series of 2.2 kernels- they all contain an
expanded number of filehandles, as opposed to the linus series of kernels.

--Ross Becker
  beckerr@stripped
Thread
MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender28 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitbeckerr28 Apr
  • MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitMichael Widenius29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr
  • Re: MySql Linux-2.2 max open files limitUnknown Sender29 Apr