List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul_Marshall Date:April 28 1999 4:29pm
Subject:Reconnect questions
View as plain text
Dear list.
I have looked through the documentation and archives and haven't found
anything useful for my situation.
I am using MySQL on Windows95, 98, and NT in a MDI application
A problem occurs making a second connection in a second window.  Regardless
weather or not the first window is open.
I get an CR_IPSOCK_ERROR error when trying to connect in the second window.
I am calling the following in this sequence:

mysql_init
mysql_real_ connect
mysql_query
mysql_store_result
mysql_num_fields
mysql_fetch_fields
mysql_num_rows
mysql_fetch_row
// here I process the rows in a loop
mysql_free_result
mysql_close

Is there something I'm missing?
This works perfectly for the first window I create but doesn't work when I
open a new window mysql_real_connect gives back NULL.  I retrieve the error
number using
mysql_errno
then call mysql close. The error number returned is CR_IPSOCK_ERROR.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thread
Reconnect questionsPaul_Marshall28 Apr
  • Reconnect questionsMichael Widenius29 Apr