List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 28 1999 12:46pm
Subject:Re: Primary Key Renumbering... Bug?
View as plain text
At 6:59 AM -0400 4/28/1999, Dave Crawford wrote:
>I apologize for my mistype last night, it was late. What I meant was:
>
>delete from table where (ID < 40);
>                            ^
>Where I deleted all records with an ID of less than 40. I tested it
>again this morning and yes, it definitely moves the record in the #40
>'slot' down to #1 along with 'sliding' down the remaining records.
>Thanks again.

I tried a similar thing and I don't see this problem.  And inserting
new records correctly causes new values greater than the existing
values to be used.  What version of MySQL were you using again?
(I'm using 3.22.21.)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Primary Key Renumbering... bug?Dave Crawford28 Apr