List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:January 25 2000 3:09pm
Subject:Re: Load Data Problem
View as plain text

JH> Aren't pack() and unpack() for binary data? (Confession, I'm just a Perl
JH> street hack -- no programmer.) The data we were looking at doesn't look
JH> very binary to me....

pack and unpack work on bytes of data.  ascii characters are just
bytes of data. check the perl docs on pack and unpack, it doesn't take
long to read them.
Thread
Load Data ProblemJack Lauman25 Jan
  • Re: Load Data Problemsasha25 Jan
  • Re: Load Data ProblemJeremy Cole25 Jan
  • Re: Load Data ProblemJ Harris25 Jan
    • Re: Load Data ProblemTim Bunce25 Jan
  • Re: Load Data ProblemJan Dvorak25 Jan
  • Re: Load Data ProblemJ Harris25 Jan
    • Re: Load Data ProblemVivek Khera25 Jan
    • Re: Load Data ProblemTim Bunce25 Jan