List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:March 15 1999 2:10pm
Subject:Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(
View as plain text
Agreed!

As of now, the list will have the following anti-spam measures:

1) RBL
2) List address required in To:/Cc:.

As a consequence, the @tcx.se will no longer work. It will be replaced
with a robot directing you to the new address.

We'll try that for 2 weeks. It will drastically cut spam. If it is not
sufficient, we will go to subscriber-only with moderation backup. That
means that posts from non-recognized addresses will be moderated. If
the address is legit, it will be added to a db of OK non-subscribers.
If this doesn't do it, the list can be run fully moderated with a few
moderators in each time zone. The software has (IMHO) good support for
muti-moderator setups. Hopefully, neither of these step-ups will be
necessary.

Forwarding for other lists @tcx.se will be left intact until the
redirecting robot is in place.

PS: In a previous announcement, one list address was wrong. It's
msql-mysql-modules@stripped. Note the "s" in "modules" missed in
the initial announcement.

-Sincerely, Fred

Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar