List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luuk de Boer Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:Re: Can not run mySQL web - based app
View as plain text
On 27 Apr 99, at 13:15, Yan Bekker wrote:

> I need help setting up a web - based mySQL application. I creted a Perl
> script using DBI module to interface with the mySQL database. The script
> works fine from command line, but does not work when called by another
> CGI script. Permissions seem to be in order. I will appreciate any and
> all assistance.

My experience is saying that it will be a permission problem on
your unix machine. Maybe the cgi script can't execute the script
because he can't access the path or it don't have an execute bit.
try something like in the dir where your cgi script is standing:
su nobody /test/perl/script.pl
else take a look in your error log file of your webserver.
(nobody is the user where your webserver is running under).

Greetz...

Luuk
|  Luuk de Boer -> <luuk@stripped>                                      |
|  When you want to go fast .....                                       |
|  Drive a cobra on the road and take a T3 line for internet ...... :-) |
|  http://www.luuk.com/  -> The AC Cobra site                           |
Can not run mySQL web - based appYan Bekker27 Apr
  • Re: Can not run mySQL web - based appSasha Pachev27 Apr
  • Re: Can not run mySQL web - based appLuuk de Boer28 Apr