List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 28 1999 3:16am
Subject:Re: configuring problems
View as plain text
Grant Conklin wrote:

> can't configure...
>   Solaris 7 (intel)
>   gcc 2.8.7
>   gmake 3.77

> checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.7
> checking target system type... i386-pc-solaris2.7
> checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.7
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++   ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
> create executables.

Let try this:

----cut here----------------
#include <iostream.h>

int main()
 {
  cout << "Hello, world" << endl;
  return 0;
 }

save in hello.cc

bash$ c++ -o hello hello.c
bash$./hello

and see if it will compile and run. If any of the steps fail, there is
indeed a problem with your c++ compiler.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com