List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nem W Schlecht Date:April 27 1999 8:33pm
Subject:Re: transaction support
View as plain text
Sasha Pachev e-mailed me on Tue Apr 27 15:22:37 1999
(Re: "Re: transaction support")

> - Have special option "enable_transactions"
> - When it is on, never actually execute a query, but
>just put in in a queue
> - On commit flush the queue executing the queries.
> - On rollback flush the queue not executing the
>queries.

Sounds interesting.  Some special locking mechanism would be needed to lock
the db when flush the queue, but other than that it sounds nice.  I'd also
suggest calling it "enable_queue" or some *other* name that "transactions"
so as to not confuse those who are looking for transactions.  (ie newbie
asking "Why can't I see my results before I commit?")

--
Nem W Schlecht             schlecht@stripped
NDSU Library              http://www.nodak.edu/~nem/