List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nem W Schlecht Date:April 27 1999 8:33pm
Subject:Re: transaction support
View as plain text
Sasha Pachev e-mailed me on Tue Apr 27 15:22:37 1999
(Re: "Re: transaction support")
> - Have special option "enable_transactions"
> - When it is on, never actually execute a query, but
>just put in in a queue
> - On commit flush the queue executing the queries.
> - On rollback flush the queue not executing the

Sounds interesting.  Some special locking mechanism would be needed to lock
the db when flush the queue, but other than that it sounds nice.  I'd also
suggest calling it "enable_queue" or some *other* name that "transactions"
so as to not confuse those who are looking for transactions.  (ie newbie
asking "Why can't I see my results before I commit?")

Nem W Schlecht             schlecht@stripped
NDSU Library
"Perl did the magic.  I just waved the wand."
transaction supportDavid Wall27 Apr
  • Re: transaction supportSasha Pachev28 Apr
    • Re: transaction supportNem W Schlecht28 Apr
    • Re: transaction supportThimble Smith28 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg28 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg28 Apr
  • Re: transaction supportVolker Paepcke29 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg29 Apr