List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 22 2000 11:35pm
Subject:Re: ODBC Question
View as plain text
You need to read the MySQL Manual, Chapter 6, The MySQL Privilege Access
System.  You need to tell the MySQL server that the user is allowed to
connect from any server.

>I'm using the latest TCX ODBC driver and try to connect MS-Access2k
>to mySQL. Even I specified host, user, db access rights (using
>KMySqlAdmin - I verified if it has been taken into the mysql tables,
>manually.. and as far as I can see all is fine), I get a message
>box with:
>
>ODBC-call failed:
>[TCX][MyODBC]Host 'webdave' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
>(#1130)[ODBC Driver Manager]connection not opened (#0)
>

>Even I have some knowledge with other RDBMS I really have no idea, where
>where I could start searching. Any comments are wellcome.
>
>-Robert
>
>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
installing MysqlMike Wareman20 Jan
  • Re: installing MysqlMatt Wagner20 Jan
    • SELECT QuestionHunter Hillegas20 Jan
      • Re: SELECT QuestionJeremy Cole20 Jan
      • ODBC QuestionRobert Schott22 Jan
        • Re: ODBC QuestionColin McKinnon24 Jan
          • RE: ODBC QuestionRobert Schott24 Jan
          • Re: ODBC Questionsinisa24 Jan
Re: ODBC QuestionChristopher R. Jones23 Jan