List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:April 27 1999 8:04pm
Subject:Re: transaction support
View as plain text
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:55:31 -0700, David Wall wrote:

>ala postgresql?  Transactions are not mentioned in the features list, so I
>suspect not, but I know that it's a bit of a worry not to be able to ensure
>ACID properties are maintained -- at least with respect to multiple tables
>within a single db.

Not supported. Most of the time, the functionality is easy to get via
locking. There are atomic updates (e.g. UPDATE SET a=a+1).

-Sincerely, Fred

transaction supportDavid Wall27 Apr
  • Re: transaction supportSasha Pachev28 Apr
    • Re: transaction supportNem W Schlecht28 Apr
    • Re: transaction supportThimble Smith28 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg28 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg28 Apr
  • Re: transaction supportVolker Paepcke29 Apr
Re: transaction supportFred Lindberg29 Apr