List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 27 1999 7:52pm
Subject:Re: mySQL and ASP
View as plain text
alexk@stripped wrote:

> I am trying to access a database running on MySQL server, from a machine
> running Personal Web Server, using ASP.  I'm having a hard time making the
> connection.  I get the following message when I try to test the connection:
>
>         Connect to server at '<server_name>' failed; error: 'Host '' is not
> allowed
> to connect to this MySQL server'

Configure the privilige system on the MySQL server to
accept connections from you web server:

$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql>use mysql;
mysql>insert into host values('www.mydomain.com', '%',
mysql>quit;
$mysqladmin -uroot -p reload

P.S. Apache and Linux are free, you might consider this
as a replacement for Win95 and Personal Web Server,
although this has nothing to do with this particular
problem.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)