List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:January 22 2000 5:47pm
Subject:Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000
View as plain text
I am not sure that this error is an Access problem.  It only happens with
MySQL ODBC connections, not, for instance, with Foxpro connections.  I set
up two databases, one in MySQL and one in Foxpro, each with the same
schema.  Using Access 2000, I had no problem with the Foxpro ODBC
connection.  As well, as long as the MySQL table does not contain, Date,
Time or Datetime fields, the Access 2000 ODBC interface has no problems.

>At 2:14 PM +0200 2000-01-22, <sinisa@stripped> wrote:
>>Gary Lundquest writes:
>>  > Is there a way to trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000?  I
>>am getting a
>>  > "Write Conflict" error, and I also would like to trap a Duplicate
message.
>>  > I have ON ERROR set in the code, but these seem to be coming before
the ON
>>  > ERROR event happens.  After you respond to the message, then the On
Error
>>  > code executes.
>>  > -Gary Lundquest
>>  >
>>  >

>>Hi!
>>
>>We have got a message from Microsoft people developing MS Access,
>>where they admit that Access 2000 has problems with ODBC. They also
>>promised to patch it quickly.
>>
>>So, go to Microsoft get those patches, when available, and problems
>>should dissappear.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Sinisa
>

>Did they give you any indication of what "quickly" might mean?  This
>problem (and Microsoft's acknowledgment of it) is now several months
>old.
>
>--
>Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
>
>--

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000Gary Lundquest21 Jan
  • Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000sinisa22 Jan
    • Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000Paul DuBois22 Jan
      • Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000sinisa23 Jan
Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000Christopher R. Jones22 Jan
  • Re: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000sinisa23 Jan
    • RE: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000Robert Schott23 Jan
      • RE: Trap MyODBC error messages in Access 2000sinisa24 Jan