List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Ekenberg Date:January 22 2000 1:49pm
Subject:SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?
View as plain text
Hi!

_Why_ would I recompile with a different charset??
Swedish chars "åäö" are supported in ISO-8859-1!

According to the manual:
"The default character set is ISO-8859-1 Latin1"

I'm using the precompiled static binaries from TcX,
and from what I understand, they are built
with ISO-8859-1 support.
This is exactly what I need, but it doesn't seem to work.
Or did I miss something here??

/Johan

> In order to have another charset support, you have to rebuild MySQL
> server and client programs. You will find instructions on how to
> accomplish that in MySQL manual.
>
> You will have to configure --with-charset=... of your choice.
>
> We plan to release new version of mysqlgui, which is a GUI client for
> mysql running on all imporant OS's, containing dynamically settable
> charset .
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinisa

Thread
Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?Johan Ekenberg21 Jan
  • Full text indexing thoughts?James Treworgy21 Jan
  • Re: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?sinisa22 Jan
    • SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?Johan Ekenberg22 Jan
      • Re: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?sinisa22 Jan
        • SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?Johan Ekenberg22 Jan
          • Re: SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?sinisa22 Jan
            • SV: SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?Johan Ekenberg22 Jan
              • Re: SV: SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?sinisa22 Jan
                • SV: SV: SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?Johan Ekenberg27 Jan
                  • Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Non ASCII chars in mysql command line monitor?sinisa27 Jan