List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:webmaster junet Date:January 22 2000 12:44pm
Subject:help: Can't find key for index error
View as plain text
Hello all,

please could someone enlighten me what this error means and what cause it ?

we have got ip_log table where we only add or update records but never
delete them (some kind of pool ).
curently the table is small with 1862 records.
somewhere once a week I find the mysql server down and ip_log table
corrupted like this:

isamchk -e /usr/local/var/linkwizard/ip_log.ISM
Checking ISAM file: /usr/local/var/linkwizard/ip_log.ISM
Data records:    1862   Deleted blocks:       0
- check file-size
- check delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check data record references index: 2
isamchk: error: Key in wrong position at page 46080
- check records and index references
isamchk: error: Record at:       2412  Can't find key for index:  2
ISAM-table '/usr/local/var/linkwizard/ip_log.ISM' is corrupted

after isamchk -r /usr/local/var/linkwizard/ip_log.ISM table seems to be
repaired
but a week ago I have had to delete all the records as table get corupted
again and again on every request to it even after repair -r or -o. After
deletion there were no problems for a week up to now.

I dont think 1862 connections in 24 hours might be a problem with mySQL.
(Server version is 3.22.25-log running on Linux.)

I even don't know where to start fixing this problem.
any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kazys Jocionis

Thread
Ultra High PerformanceEric Savage19 Mar
  • Ultra High Performancesinisa20 Mar
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timesinisa21 Jan
  • Re: Error:While trying to read and write into one table at the same timeLars Dittmann21 Jan
  • help: Can't find key for index errorwebmaster junet22 Jan
    • Re: help: Can't find key for index errorsinisa22 Jan
Re: Ultra High PerformanceFred Lindberg19 Mar