List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Antony Vose Date:March 15 1999 1:28pm
Subject:returning table name
View as plain text
Hey there.

This may be an elementary question, and if so, I apologize, but I can't
seem to find a reference to it in my book or the MySQL manual.  I'm new at
SQL.

I'm running a games site off MySQL, and I've got three tables: games,
hardware and utilities.

I want to query all three tables at once and return "upcoming products".
The problem is, I need to distinguish between games, hardware and
utilities, but I want it in one list.

So, I'd like it to return the table name along with each row, like so:

name         table

Baseball     games
Blah Blah    utilities
Joystick X   hardware
Quake        games

Is this possible?

Cheers.

Marc Antony Vose
Founder, Mac Game Database
http://www.gamedb.com/

Thread
File access problemtymiwi14 Mar
  • File access problemMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: File access problemVan15 Mar
    • returning table nameMarc Antony Vose15 Mar
      • returning table namesinisa16 Mar
        • Re: returning table nameThimble Smith16 Mar
Re: File access problemMikael Willberg15 Mar
Re: returning table nameefrazier16 Mar
  • Re: returning table nameThimble Smith16 Mar