List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:January 21 2000 5:15pm
Subject:Re: Best commercial Server for Linux
View as plain text
Andreas Vierengel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my company wants me to buy an Intel-based Server with >= 4 CPU's.
> Primary task is MySQL on Linux-SMP.
>
> I heard about Servers from HP and IBM.
> Can Linux already support >= 4 CPU's stable ?
> How much memory would you prefer ?
> Our minimum is 1GB. What about the 1GB limit ?
> Has somebody experience with servers from these companies, or other ?

SGI makes a nice 4-way Xeon server with full Linux support:

http://www.sgi.com/servers/1400/loverview.html

The 1400L supports 4 GB  memory.

Dan Koch

Thread
Best commercial Server for LinuxAndreas Vierengel21 Jan
  • Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxHunter Hillegas21 Jan
  • Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxFredrick Bartlett21 Jan
    • RE: Best commercial Server for Linuxpopuptent24 Jan
  • Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxDaniel Koch21 Jan
  • Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxRuben I Safir21 Jan
  • Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxMatt \"TrollBoy\" Wiseman21 Jan
Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxSteven M. Schultz21 Jan
Re: Best commercial Server for LinuxSteven M. Schultz21 Jan