List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 27 1999 5:33pm
Subject:Re: CURTIME() doesn't return system time ?!
View as plain text
At 10:40 AM -0500 4/27/99, Marco Steinacher wrote:
>Hello
>
>How does MySQL get the CURTIME() value?
>
>The value I got is different from the Systemtime that I get by typing date
>in bash.
>(Difference: 2h and 5min)
>
>What can I do to get the same value as the date-command?

I'd guess from the above that your client machine and server machine
are different machines, and that the 5min difference you notice
above is clock skew between the two.  The way to fix that is to
make sure both machines are in sync with each other.

The 2h difference you notice may be either that (i) your server machine
is located in a different time zone than your client machine, or (ii)
the server isn't being started up with the correct TZ environment variable
setting.  Search for TZ in the manual for information on this.  Basically,
you may need to set TZ in the environment of the process that starts up
the server for times to be reported correctly.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
CURTIME() doesn't return system time ?!Marco Steinacher27 Apr