List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 27 1999 5:25pm
Subject:Re: MySQL buffer parameters
View as plain text
At 3:28 AM -0500 4/27/99, Flemming Funch wrote:
>I might be stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the
>parameters for buffers in mySQL. The manual seems clear enough, about which
>parameters I need to add to the call to safe_mysql. So, I run something
>like this:
>
>/usr/bin/safe_mysqld -O key_buffer=32M -O table_cache=256 -O sort_buffer=8M
>-O record_buffer=2M &
>
>And to check if it took it, I go and run /usr/sbin/mysqld --help
>
>.. and it shows me the same old default settings, and nothing runs anything
>better.

That's because your second invocation of mysqld shows you only the
settings for *that* invocation of mysqld.  Since you've given only
the --help option, it shows the defaults.

To find out the values being used by the server that's actually
running, use "mysqladmin variables".

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
MySQL buffer parametersFlemming Funch27 Apr