List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:January 20 2000 10:36am
Subject:Re: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1
View as plain text
At 18:09 18/01/00 +0100, Lars Freymark wrote:
>I use a RedHat6.1 Unix Version. I used the src.rpm files for MySQL3.22.
>MySQL is running on my System, but I 'm not able to connect it to Perl5.
>
>Which files should I install in which order and how should I install them?
>
>Thanks
>
>Lars Freymark

'Fraid I know very little about this, particularly as I failed to install
it on my own box, but since nobody else has replied...

You need the DBI and DBD packages. One provides a generic interface to
database drivers, while the other provides connections to specific
databases (kind of like ODBC). You'll get them from CPAN.

Note that RedHat does not use the normal directories for file locations,
also I think that part of the installation includes patching and
recompiling Perl - so you'll need the source code for Perl too.

There may be an rpm for it somewhere (www.rpmfind.net).

HTH

Colin

Thread
mysql stops as soon as it is startedRoger Arnold18 Jan
  • Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Lars Freymark18 Jan
    • Re: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Colin McKinnon20 Jan
  • Re: mysql stops as soon as it is startedJonathan Stimmel18 Jan
  • Re: mysql stops as soon as it is startedsasha18 Jan
  • Re: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1sasha18 Jan
    • AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Lars Freymark19 Jan
      • Re: AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1sasha19 Jan
        • AW: AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Lars Freymark19 Jan
          • Re: AW: AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1sasha19 Jan
  • Re: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Paul Ferris20 Jan
    • AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Lars Freymark21 Jan
      • AW: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1Lars Freymark21 Jan
RE: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1John Walker19 Jan
RE: Problems connecting with Perl on RedHat6.1John Walker20 Jan