List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Koch Date:January 20 2000 12:41am
Subject:Re: Cannot create index on TEXT column even though doc says i can.
View as plain text
jks@stripped wrote:

>         According to the documentation I should be able to index a column
> of type text if tye table type is myisam.  This does not work.
>
> >How-To-Repeat:
>         create table test (
>         sometext text not null,
>         index (sometext(10))
> ) type = myisam;
> >Fix:
>         I don't know.
> >Submitter-Id:  Joseph Shraibman <jks@stripped>
> >Originator:
> >Category:      mysql
> >Class:         doc-bug
> >Release:       mysql-3.22.30 (Official MySQL RPM)

MyISAM was introduced in the 3.23.x versions.   You're runnning 3.22.x.

Regards,

Dan Koch

Thread
Cannot create index on TEXT column even though doc says i can.jks20 Jan
  • Re: Cannot create index on TEXT column even though doc says i can.Daniel Koch20 Jan
  • Re: Cannot create index on TEXT column even though doc says i can.sinisa20 Jan